Creatacor, Inc. is currently seeking to hire a full-time Designer – Junior, Mid-Level. Creatacor is the largest supplier of trade show and custom fabrication services in upstate New York. Creatacor offers all full-time employee paid health benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan, and paid vacation and holidays.
Reporting to: Design Director.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Develop drawing packages, including concept renderings and control drawings as required
- Create unique ideas to respond directly to client goals and leverage client input. Work must both reflect client direction and assert a confident, creative viewpoint
- Express ideas in a variety ways according to client need and phase of project development
- Communicate with internal and external teams alike with words, found images, sketches, computer models, renderings and/or other media.
- Develop creative presentations which convey event objectives, interactions intended for the event, aesthetics of the space, form/function of the structures, materials/finishes/colors and event marketing campaign extensions
- Manage internal and external expectations for scope and timing of projects
- Facilitate and participate in group ideation sessions
- Deliver design concepts within budgetary constraints
- Create spec sheets to assist with budgeting and estimation
- Follow projects through production to ensure design intent is preserved and internal clients receive practical, actionable input.
- Keep current with trends in 3d brand marketing, event marketing, experiential marketing, best retail practices and trade shows.
- Keep current with new methods of expressing event marketing ideas: computer modeling and rendering, fly-throughs, software updates, creative suite and beyond
- Maintain workflow in accordance with project schedule, with a variety of tasks and deadlines
- Collaborate with other designers and help guide the production process to achieve project goals
- Collaborate effectively, both within our organization and with partners, to achieve goals and offer innovative, value driven creative solutions.
- Work in a team environment including staff, sub-contractors, and client contacts
- Participate in production development and work along with Senior Designers, Account Managers and Project Managers.
- Willingness to assist the Graphics Department and Graphic Production Department when needed for printing, laminating and mounting of graphics
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and illustrative
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience in exhibit design or related field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to work with designers and shop personnel to create speculative drawings for estimation
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Good knowledge of fabrication techniques and materials standards of Exhibit Design
- Ability to work with VectorWorks/RenderWorks, proficient in FormZ , Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and other programs related to our industry
- Degree from an Accredited Technical Institution, B.A. in Exhibit Design, Architecture, or Industrial
- Design preferred, Graphic Design or Studio Arts accepted
- Compensation: commensurate upon experience
If you think you would like to be a part of a team of trade show and event professionals who work for some of the top brands in the world, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.