Job Posting: Exhibit CAD Detailer / CNC Programmer
Creatacor is a team of highly motivated, customer service driven, creative thinkers. We produce exhibits, events & experiences for many of the world’s top brands. We are seeking a skilled exhibit engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for creating construction drawings from 3D design renderings and breaking out CNC parts for the fabrication of various retail, event environments, as well as custom trade show exhibits. This position reports to the fabrication and engineering manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Produce detailed construction drawings with accurate and clearly labeled measurements, guides, and materials & finishes specifications for trade show exhibit / displays.
- CNC part extraction, layout, and programming.
- Perform drawing maintenance, including updates, revisions, and development of asbuilt record documents when required.
- Create engineered 3D designs for a variety of custom millwork projects.
- Research new materials and fabrication methods.
- Collaborate with contracted engineering firms for exhibit structural analysis and safety issues.
- Maintain engineering project database.
- Overtime (or ability to work irregular hours) may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree or training in an Architectural, Mechanical drafting or Computer Aided Drawing (CAD) field of study from a college or trade school preferred.
- Must have a high level of experience and understanding of all aspects of tradeshow production, cabinetry, and CNC machining.
- Proficiency With CIM-Tech, Solid-CIM strongly desired.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years experience working as an engineer or detailer within the event and/or exhibition industries
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of engineering and design standards as well as manufacturing capabilities is required.
- Previous detailing experience in architectural interior and tradeshow experience is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of a variety of construction and finish materials including metals, plastics, fabrics, woods and laminates.
- Knowledge of basic production techniques, how parts are designed and engineered so the final assembly is accurate and easily constructed.
- Understanding of architectural, structural, mechanical, welding and electrical disciplines and capability of coordinating with these disciplines.
- Experience using Vectorworks, Arduino coding a plus.
- Experience at working both independently and in team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Highly organized, flexible and have the ability to work necessary hours in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
Please send resumes to [email protected].