Job Posting: Staff Accountant
If you are looking for a long-term career and wish to join an organization that has been in business for over 27 years and still growing, we welcome you to read on, and if you are qualified, please submit your resume.
Currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our organization to provide assistance in the day-to-day operations of our office procedures and financial processes for AP and AR. This position will report directly to the VP, Finance & Human Services.
- Hands-on Supervision of two office administrators, responsible for the coordination and controls of our office procedures and accounting functions
- Liaison with Sales Tax processor
- Reconcile Multi State Monthly Sales Tax Returns
- Review and resolve sales/use tax notices from various government agencies
- Review of internal sales invoice requests for sales tax accuracy prior to creating invoice
- Process of Accounts Receivable payments and prepare bank deposit
- Collection of outstanding accounts receivables
- Maintain Vendor/Client Exemption Certificates, review and update customer and vendor exemption certificates
- Maintain cash flow forecast
- Maintain Fixed Assets Monthly Depreciation Schedule
- Reconciling monthly bank statements
- Assist with monthly and year-end closing
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Establish new or improved tax procedures, processes as a result of research, audits and maintain compliance changes for all accounting processes
- Liaison with Insurance Agent on Insurance Policies
- Maintain Creatacor’s Certificate of Insurance- Vendor/Customers Ability to receive, review and interpret Certificates submitted
- Other General Office duties as assigned
Human Services-Back up as needed
- Process short-term disability, workers compensation claims
- Maintain employees’ auto insurance Card
- Payroll Back-up
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Conscientious, Dependable and a self starter
- Familiar with Office Machines (Fax, Copier, Scanner, etc.)
- Team Player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
- Microsoft Office Programs: Excel (a must), Word (Mac a plus but not required)
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- College Degree preferred in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting
- 3-5 years experience in accounting/finance (direct experience with Sales and Use Tax a plus)
Please send resumes to [email protected].