Founded in 1987, Creatacor is a 40-person, creative exhibit and experiential marketing agency based in upstate New York. Producing three-dimensional, face-to-face marketing environments for clients with the goal of bringing the brand to life by creating unforgettable exhibits, events, and experiences for all visitors. Results are achieved by sticking to their “cor” values of Communication, Collaboration, and Commitment. The creative team embraces each challenge with the highest degree of enthusiasm to create a unique experiential and sophisticated 3D environment.
We are seeking a Creative Director to join our team serving as a strategic and conceptual lead on all experiential elements as well as a true collaborator and leader to the creative department. Involved with the client from the beginning, it’s extremely important they listen to the goals and objectives firsthand to suggest the best possible face-to-face marketing solution, meeting time, and budget parameters. The Creative team plays a crucial role in developing ideas and transforming them into tangible experiences through 2D & 3D elements. This role will be responsible for overseeing a team of designers, directing projects from proposal through execution, and managing all facets of the process from art direction, consumer journey, design development, and fabrication drawings. The Creative Director may also be involved in design execution as a lead designer, so should be comfortable getting hands-on as needed.
Additionally, this role will positively contribute to making Creatacor’s culture a leader in the industry: where great people with great attitudes create amazing work, every day.
Roles / Responsibilities:
- Owning full project scope from initial concept through execution
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Concepting, brainstorming, and idea generation
- Deck creation showcasing creative development for active projects & proposals
- Create moodboards/floorplans/elevations/mockups/diagrams
- Present design ideas directly to clients
- Create production and mechanical files for print and scenic elements
- Communicate with fabricators, ensuring all designs are produced with integrity and on budget.
- Collaborate with & managing other designers throughout the design process
- Build, mentor, and grow a cohesive and diverse creative department
- Meet with leadership on a weekly basis to determine decisions impacting the creative team
Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience in developing creative concepts and experiential design
- Experience at an agency or in-house with a focus on spatial design
- Knowledge of industry’s rules and guidelines
- A high level of proficiency in hands-on design work
- Software skills: Proficiency in Vectorworks and the Adobe Creative Suite and other programs related to our industry
- Ability to generate and express visual concepts and ideas in both 2D & 3D design
- Fluency in collaborative work platforms like the Google Workspace (especially Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets)
- Extremely organized & excellent time management
- Experience creatively leading teams
- Educational background in Environmental/Exhibition Design, Architecture, Industrial Design, Interior Design or related field is a plus, but not required
- 401K Matching Contribution
- Medical & Dental Health Benefits
- Excellent PTO package
- Opportunity for partial working remote (work from home)
- Relocation assistance